The Calling of the Corners was found at the Morgan Library, hidden inside of Seven Cradle Songs by Sullivan Green. It was retrieved by Cole Sumner, who posted the spell on the Basecamp 33 Forum and gave the letter to Deirdre Green in person. The spell was used by Sullivan on Deidre as a child to protect her from magic, but he created a loophole in the spell to reverse it. By performing the spell a second time, it could be reversed.
The spell required six mountaineers for grounding:
- Brendon used a solar calculator he had carried for years to represent the ability of Light to bring energy and power to the world.
- Mike, representing the Elemental force of Ore, used a whiskey stone his family had brought back from Ireland.
- Chordie invoked Thought through the use of a treasured jacket that carried many personal memories attached to it.
- MegaDraco used a watch given to him at a major turning point in his own life to measure the Tides of Time.
- Crytter created a beautiful shrine to the elemental force of Aether involving feathers, smoke and crystal.
- Kelsey embodied Wild with a Bastet cat statue from Egypt to represent the untamed and timeless qualities of nature.
The Day of Change Edit
- Ashburn to represent the ability of Light with a small keychain light that she got during her first marathon. It helped her find my way through the scavenger hunt at the end of the race, as well as all of the times after that she used it at work backstage.
- OracleSage represented Aether with a Dream Jar that was given to him as a gift by a dear friend.
- Griffin, representing the Elemental force of Ore, used a necklace handmade from clay and he always carries with him. He also added a geode from the creek in the woods behind his great grandfather's house.
- Ravenwing invoked Thought through the use of a mug gifted to her by her parents as a memento of home.
- Ginger used a figurine covered in images of suns and moons, named Sky of Enchantment from The Trail of Painted Ponies, to represent the Tide-controlling moon.
- CJ_Heighton embodied Wild with a bottled plant, representing the embodiment of nature.
The Incantation Edit
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/solved-fragment-eight-magiq-calling-the-corners/404/124
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/solved-fragment-eight-magiq-calling-the-corners/404/120
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/solved-fragment-eight-magiq-calling-the-corners/404/123
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/solved-fragment-eight-magiq-calling-the-corners/404/125
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/solved-fragment-eight-magiq-calling-the-corners/404/127
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/solved-fragment-eight-magiq-calling-the-corners/404/122
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-one-calling-the-corners/1491/127
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-one-calling-the-corners/1491/128
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-one-calling-the-corners/1491/129
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-one-calling-the-corners/1491/130
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-one-calling-the-corners/1491/131
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/back-to-the-future-part-one-calling-the-corners/1491/132
- ↑ http://forum.basecamp33.com/t/solved-fragment-eight-magiq-calling-the-corners/404/69